Here are some key things you need to know about LL196:
- Compliance Deadline: The compliance deadline for LL196 is December 31, 2024
- Covered Buildings: LL196 applies to all buildings in New York City that are over 25,000 square feet, including residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
- Energy Efficiency Standards: The law requires covered buildings to meet certain energy efficiency standards, such as upgrading lighting, installing insulation, and improving HVAC systems.
- Benchmarking: Covered buildings must also submit annual energy and water usage data to the city's benchmarking program.
- Penalties: Non-compliance with LL196 can result in fines and penalties, ranging from $500 to $5,000 per violation.
- Exemptions: Certain types of buildings, such as those that are designated as landmarks or are used for manufacturing, may be eligible for exemptions or extensions.
- Benefits: LL196 can help reduce energy costs, improve the comfort and safety of buildings, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which can benefit both building owners and tenants as well as the environment.
#Construction Accident #Safety Violation #Safety #Beti #New York #construction #constructionsafety